The Love of the Run

The Love of the Run

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving/Fall!

 Had a great fall today, actually both Jordan and I fell within 5 minutes of each other.    I haven't had a good fall like this in some time.   If you're going to fall it might as well be a quality fall.  We were running together easy and all of sudden I caught a root with my shoes and flew forward.  We were in the middle of a conversation and Jordan continued to talk until he realized I wasn't responding to him.  He looked back and there I was on the ground on my hands and knees.  Being the tough gal I like to think I am I had a few "tough" words and bounced up and started jogging again.    For a few minutes I was laughing/crying or something like that and then all of sudden Jordan was now laying on the ground stating "I swear I didn't fall on purpose."   Haha.  I think he did....

IRON GYM.. I LOVE PULL-UPS!  I was very excited about this recent purchase.  I can't wait to get ripped and into serious shape. Iron Gym is the multifunction training system that raises the bar on upper body exercises..  WOW!  Look at all it claims to be on its website--- >   pull up, chin up, build muscle, quick results, pull ups, dips, push ups, chin ups, exercise, exercise machine, inexpensive pull bar, pull bar, tone, strengthen, abs, arms, stronger muscles, tone arms, tone back, strengthen back muscles, strengthen shoulders, stronger shoulders & strengthen muscles. (Seriously its pretty awesome)

Track workout in Rochester NY during Thanksgiving.  Super windy!!  Did 3 x3 minutes, 2 x 5 minutes, 3 x 3 minutes.  First track workout in months or years?   Took me awhile to get into a rhythm, but ended the workout feeling great.   Next time I plan to bring cool shades to fit in!  I actually like wearing sunglasses when I run, for some reason it makes me feel like I'm invisible... a bit weird, but true.    



Colorful run on the way to Rochester. It was cold.   Well it was 45 or 50.  I thought it was cold!!   Training went well while we were in Rochester. I completed my first 3 hour run since before Grandma's in June.  Felt great!   I was amazed at how hilly it was in Rochester.  Sooo many hills every direction!!.  My body is gradually getting used to running hills. I like running hills as I feel it is a great way to get running specific strengthening in.  Since moving from Duluth, MN in the summer of 2010 my running has been mainly on flat roads/trails.   Weather has been a little crazy this week back in Arlington.  This week I ran in 75 degrees, 60 and pouring rain and 40's and wind.  But still no snow! 
Finally meet Caitlin!   Dinner at the Country Club!!