The Love of the Run

The Love of the Run

Monday, November 14, 2011

Recovery/Move!

 I typically haven't been sore after marathons.  I thought I might be sore after New York as I wasn't prepared for it as I have been for previous marathons, but I had little soreness the next day after. Whew, I was relieved until Day 2.... nevermind-- can't move!!  Monday I did a short recovery run with Jordan in Central Park (well we both ran there- I insisted he ditch me and my barely moving pace- I could hardly handle running with myself haha!). 

I flew back to Denver late Monday night and Jen Jones who is amazing picked me up and we drove back to Fort Collins.   Thanks Jen!   I packed my car, went to bed and drove home early the next day-- ALL DAY, 17 hours. The drive alone actually went fairly fast, but the last few hours it was raining and dark -- to be honest I was slightly hallucinating seeing things at this point ... but I made it home!

I packed the next two days, worked a day, saw friends and then flew out to DC Friday!  I have been traveling an exhaustive amount the past few months.    Happy to finally be settled somewhere! I have a new bedroom-- an altitude tent-- see below-  feels like camping (minus bears and smores) ..... the first night I woke up and really did think I was...

I was nervous to sleep in the tent mainly because my coach said to make sure that we "read all the directions so we don't die our first night in", thanks Chad ... !  I had a really difficult time acclimating in Colorado to altitude and that made me nervous about the tent.   Surprisingly I slept better than I have in a long time the first night in it.   I woke up with a bit of a dry throat-- but nothing as severe as Colordao (difficulty breathing, swallowing, pounding headache, numb and tingling fingers...  great memories !). 

The tent!   
Training starts tomorrow!   Excited and eager which I believe means I'm ready! I did two strength workouts and easy running this past week to recovery from the marathon.  Soreness is finally gone-go time again!